Saturday, August 26, 2006

Colby Hodge the missing blogger

Yes, I've been missing my post days. But I have a good excuse. I've been trying to turn back time. Or at least wishing I could. We moved into a new house in July and while the house is wonderful the move was a complete diaster. It included an amputation. Yes our son lost part of his toe in a bizarre truck lift accident. But life goes on.

But after it happened the husband and I looked at each other and said. I wish we hadn't done it. I wish we had decided to stay put. One decision put into effect our son being scarred for life.

So wouldn't it be cool if we could turn back time? And it just so happens I'm working on a story with just that plot. It has a time twister in it. You can go forward, you can go back, but be careful what you do when you're out of your place in time. The title is TWIST and its full of little twists of fate.

What would you do if you could turn back time? Beyond that fact that you'd be the cool one in high school. And buy lots of stock in Microsoft.

Colby

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your son's accident. Moving in itself is a ghastly experience (even if the final result is positive), but usually not THAT ghastly.

    Turn back time? I might want to pop back into certain moments in order to repair a few horrible mistakes I've made. I wouldn't want to go back PERMANENTLY. I wouldn't be young again (and certainly not a teenager) for less than a couple of million dollars. Be the cool one in high school? "Why Nerds Are Unpopular" (just google that phrase -- it's a fascinating essay) addresses that point. If one became fifteen and were placed into a present-day high school subculture, one wouldn't KNOW how to achieve coolness by their standards. One's only advantage (as the guy says in the essay) would be the perspective not to care so much what the popular kids thought. If one were transported back to the environment of one's own teen years, would one be any more capable of winning the popularity game now than one originally was then? I'm afraid my main thought would be despair at having to go through all those years AGAIN.

    Buying the Microsoft stock? Now that does sound like a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about your son's toe. I hope his recovery is as complete as is possible.

    As for turning back time... If I could turn it back just two years, I'd have bought Google at $85 instead of E-Bay at the same price!

    R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oy, Cindy! Hugs! ~Linnea (doing ouchies for your son)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:56 PM EDT

    Oh, my goodness! Your poor son! : (

    If I could go back in time? NEVER have started smoking. Bring back a friend who passed on in a motorcycle accident. I've been plotting a TT for years doing that very thing by way of a fictional account. Just afraid nobody will want to go back to 1973 with me, reader-wise.

    Carla Arpin
    publicist@linneasinclair.com

    ReplyDelete