Monday, July 31, 2006

A Good Day For SFR in the Galaxy


Short blog today because 1) my main pc is down thanks to an 'upgrade' by my firewall/anti spam/anti virus software, and 2) exhaustion. I'm just back from RWA National in Atlanta.

It was very much a shock. The RITA is probably the most prestigious award in the romance genre, and to have GABRIEL'S GHOST--a book shelved in the SF section--win it gives me hope.

More good news--CJ Barry's UNMASKED won the best overall in the Daphne Du Maurier Awards at the same conference in Atlanta. Why is that cool? The Daphne is a mystery award. CJ's book is both SFR and Mystery.

Woot!

Oh, the cat I already had. :-) You'll find him on the cover of my February 2007 release.

Hugs all, ~Linnea

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:22 PM EDT

    THAT! is a magnificent picture! Worth, say, 120k words or so? How ever did you get Daq to pose for it? *big ol' grin* And again, congrats, M'Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:51 PM EDT

    Great pic Linn! Just make sure Daq doesnt eat the quill ;) Soooo...have you decided where Rita will call home yet in your office?

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. David, you know, I thought Daq was just being a wonderful cat, posing so well. After I took the photo, though, I glanced up and there was a wasp beating itself to death on the living room skylight...! THAT'S what he was watching. Bzzzzzzzz! ~Linnea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! That's the best news I've had all day. Congratulations, VERY deserved and impressive as hell. One nomination, one win.

    To quote you:

    "Daaaaaaamn, bitch, you are GOOD." :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, cute kitty! And he looks so impressed...okay, maybe not, but I sure am thrilled! I can tell everyone "I knew her when". ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:35 AM EDT

    A great photo! Daq is extraordinary, with its nose up and eyes fixed with intensity upon whatever he is looking at (the wasp); Plus the object of all emotions, the small statue and its book.
    Still bravissimo to you. You really are a great professional.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!!!!
    I just loved this book - and the cat is cute too, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:49 AM EDT

    Huge congrats Linnea! (And Daq is gorgeous!)

    J

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! And, excellent picture! The Rita, WOW!!!!!!!!!! Well deserved, too!

    ReplyDelete